Full website transfer comes in handy when you want to change your hosting server and want to transfer all your files and folders from the existing server. It transfers files from server to another server without downloading, so you don’t have to worry about the internet connection and speed.I’ve recently shifted my website to Namecheap, so I thought of making a post about it.
In this post, we are going to cover a step-by-step process to transfer full website over FTP to Another server.
Note: For our convenience here : Main Server = The server ‘from where’ you are going to transfer files.Another Server = The server ‘where’ you were transferring the files.
Find the FTP details of another server
- Login to the cPanel of the Another server.
- Under the File menu, click on the FTP accounts tab.
- Under the FTP account if there is no account available for the home directory, then create a new FTP account by filling the simple details.Now, copy these FTP details because you’ll need them at the time of transfer from the main server.
Steps to Transfer Full Website From Main Server
- Login to your cPanel account of your Main server.
- Under the File menu search for the option called Backup Wizard.
- After that, click on the Backup button.
- Now, here it will ask you for the Full or Partial Backup since we are transferring Full website we’ll choose Full Backup.
- Under the Backup Destination choose Remote FTP server.
- If you’d like to receive a notification of successful website transfer, choose the e-mail address that suits you the best .
- Enter your remote server, user, password, port, and directory to transfer full website.
- Click on the Generate Backup to start the process.
That’s it. Now move the files according to your needs in your other server. These were some simple steps to transfer full website over FTP to another server. All the files from the main server would start moving to the new server.
(After successful transfer, a notification will be sent to your e-mail.)
Tell us what you think of our post in the comment section below. 🙂
Akash Sharma says
Thanks for this FTP transfer post. That was really helpful.
Naman Khare says
Your welcome, Akash